Reliability and Validity of Measures Discussion – onlineprowriters.com
For this Assignment, you will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to reliability, validity, and scale analysis.
- Review the Article Critique Assignment Guide in the Walden Library, listed in the Week 2 Learning Resources.
- Search the Walden Library for a quantitative article that utilizes scales.
Write a 2- to 3-page critique of the research includes responses to the following prompts:
- Did the authors construct scales in a clear, concise manner?
- Were the authors’ explanations clear regarding the reliability and validity of their measures?
- What information did the authors provide about establishing reliability and validity?
Warner, R. M. (2013). Applied statistics: From bivariate through multivariate techniques (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Chapter 21, “Reliability, Validity, and Multiple-Item Scales” (pp. 901–952)
This chapter provides an important nugget of wisdom: The analyses you explored in previous weeks will yield meaningful results only if you have a well-specified model and if all the measurements for the variables are reliable and valid. This chapter outlines reliability, validity, and multiple-item scales, which should be acknowledged when evaluating the quality of measurements.
The post Reliability and Validity of Measures Discussion appeared first on My Assignment Geek.