Should We Vote and Why Presidential Election Question – onlineprowriters.com
1. Please only use the online articles I provided below for sources, and do not use any other material.
2. Now, consider all of the following:
- Why does the US have the lowest voter turnout among developed nations in the world?http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/voter-turnout-2016-elections/
- Would voter turnout change the way our world looks? Should everyone vote?
- What are the pros and cons of voting? Relate them to the 2016 Presidential election and the 2018 midterm elections.
- Pick a side. Should everyone who is eligible vote? What’s the opposite position? Address and refute a major counter-argument.
- Consider the moral arguments made to act or speak out when injustice occurs or to challenge the status quo. Is voting a form of speaking or acting? Does our vote count?
- Fake news and Facebook: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/online-hoaxes-fake-news-played-role-election/
- Is ignorance an excuse? What is our obligation as citizens? How does voting affect our lives and those of others? Consider the Atwood quote: “Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.”
- What prices have people paid for the right to vote?
- Why is it so difficult to vote in the United States? Does that make you more or less convinced you should vote?
- How can a candidate win the popular vote and lose the election? What is the electoral college? https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/about.html
- Why was it created?Is it time to end it? http://www.historycentral.com/elections/Electoralcollgewhy.html
- Voter info for California, 2020 primary and election: https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/upcoming-elections/presidential-primary-election-march-3-2020/
The post Should We Vote and Why Presidential Election Question appeared first on My Assignment Geek.